Saturday, March 3, 2012

Staircase Idea? Salvage?

This morning while I was biking around the neighborhood I noticed this fancy staircase lying in the front yard of a big lovely house. It was raining out and there was a tarp lying next to it but it didn't seem like anyone was too concerned with it. Which is to say, I began to scheme how I might get someone to let me have it free.
Anyway, some neighbors passed by and gave me the number for the homeowner who they said had moved 3 years ago and they said they would be delighted if I could get her to get the staircase gone from the yard.
I got home and called her - I admit I expected a nutter, but she seemed pretty even and sane. She said she doesn't know what they're going to do with it because they're beginning a renovation soon but she said I shouldn't hold my breath. 

Here it is - this thing would be kind of awesome in the main room leading up to the master bedroom floor. I want it.




How awesome would this look running up along the salon wall with all the little paintings and the damask wallpaper.  CRAZY!!!

No comments: