Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Flea Market Score - Chandelier Crystals

I set my alarm for 3:10am this past Sunday morning (which was actually 2:10am since we set the clocks forward that very morning) and I drove down to pick up a friend so that we could a attend the opening day of Elephant's Trunk flea market in New Milford, CT. The gates open at 5:45am to early buyers for $20 and they open to everyone else at 7am for $2 -- the theory being that by 7am everything good is already gone.
Anyway, we were exhausted (actually, he was still drunk because I basically picked him up from in front of the bar he'd been partying at) and it was cold,  but there were a lot of people and it was pretty exciting. Lots of vendors were there though most weren't set up until almost 7:30. Still,  we found some cool stuff.
The point of this post though is that I scored this trickortreat bucket of round crystals and a bag of tear drops as well fairly cheap. I figure anything under a dollar per crystal for large size crystals and I'm doing fine. 



V and I are discussing how to use the crystals to build an industrial looking chandelier. I just want something bright and sparkly and fun. V is better at imagining the overall way the piece comes together.
So these are the crystals.
Ideas?

No comments: