Monday, October 14, 2013

Stone Haul, or How I spent my Saturday

I rented a pickup truck at Home Depot on Friday night (Why Friday? Well, that was the only way to make sure I had it waiting for me on Saturday morning.).  Then on Saturday morning I picked up the truck right where I left it overnight in the Home Depot parking lot and I went and picked up my friend Lou In Wburg and we headed over to BIG NYC in Astoria Queens. There we picked up all that calacatta gold marble I bought last Saturday - approximately 900 pounds of it - along with 160 linear feet of lovely oak crown molding.  And, as long as I was at BIG with a lot of extra room in my truck, I decided to take a look at the rest of the stone they had for sale.  Just to be safe, I decided to buy 170 Sq. Ft. of 12"x12" travertine tiles.  They are a variety called "noce" or "noche".  Anyway, here are some photos.

The truck.  What a bargain! $75 for a full day with no mileage charge.  And it handled really nicely, even with a ton of stone in the bed.

On the right is the Calacatta Gold.  On the left are the styrofoam 10 packs of travertine noce.


Another shot of the travertine.
And here is friend Lou going above and beyond helping unload the stone.  Why does he always get stuck coming with me on the heavy days?  Just lucky for me, I guess.

No comments: