Saturday, March 23, 2013

Upholstery Fabric Score!

With all this white and off white furniture we've picked up recently on Craigslist, we have been talking about reupholstering a chair or sofa in something other than white. I have gotten estimates from a few reputable upholsterers and it seems like a pretty reasonable and affordable approach... Until you add in the price of fabric.

Sadly, every time I spy a fabric I really love, it turns out to be Fortuny or Brunschwig or some such prohibitively expensive brand. So, imagine my joy when I found this bolt of 12 yards of Kravet 53% silk / 47% poly in vibrant blues at BIG NYC today. It is brand new still in the plastic shipping bag Kravet mailed it in to someone last year. I don't know exactly what we'll do with it but I love the colors and feel. So luxurious.

No comments: