Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Things to do to a white couch

Here are three examples of couches where the seat cushion has been covered by something else, for protection or visual interest or to hide age or whatever. 

 Kantha quilts. Feels cozy.

 This is a post about how to baby proof a stylish living room. They bought a beautiful piece of fabric and made a fitted sheet for the seat cushion. I think it's nice. Also notice the Moroccan poufs in the foreground instead of a coffee table. Coffee tables are the biggest baby proofing issue.

 This is the same house tour as in the Woodstock post. I LOVE this palate, btw (mostly for upstate, but also for parlor in different proportions).

And here is something I saw that we could do to the settee in theory. I don't know if I like it, but it would break up all the light colors. I like the blue/gray color. But it would lose something by having that wood frame to break it up.

No comments: