Sunday, May 1, 2011

design ideas - vintage farm sinks

Apparently the term "Farm Sink" is used to describe apron-front sinks.  But it is also used to describe the very wide old cast iron sinks with washboard sides and no apron.  Take a look at these pix and let me know what you think.

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 - This might be lovely as an under-counter mounted sink - although I suppose it would require a little extra fabrication to have the countertops bump up against the backsplash part before jogging in to cover the top lip of the sink itself... no, this will not work as an under-counter set-up.  Anyway, I like it lots.

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 - I think we are agreed that this is our favorite of the vintage sinks in this collection.  It is listed for over $900 on Craigslist somewhere, which is too much.  

9 -

10 -

11 -

12 -

13 - I really like this set up - although I am not a huge fan of the double washboard and smaller shallow sink, I think the contemporary frame it rests on is lovely.  I especially like the natural-ish looking wood shelf below.  And I like that the plumbing is visible below.  

14 - Good looking set up.  If we could do this with a double basin sink with less washboard on the sides, that would be nice.

15 -

No comments: