Saturday, January 2, 2016

Framing Rorschach Plates

I recently saw a set of Rorschach plates framed and hung in a very fancy little interior design shop down in Tribeca.  They looked fantastic and they are deep in my Indicia of Authority aesthetic.

Sadly, the price was out of my range, but probably reasonable for people who shop Tribeca. But no matter, I have begun looking for my own unframed set and I'll have them framed myself.

Setting aside the choice of frame stock and matte color, there are three basic ways to frame Rorschach plates: flush inside the frame; matted in the frame with the matte covering the edges of the plates; floated in a matte in a frame (listed in order of the cost of the frame job). 

I found examples of all three:

Flush in Frame
Flush in Frame

Flush in Matte in Frame

Flush in Matte in Frame

Float in Matte in Frame

Float in Matte in Frame
Here they are again:

  




No comments: