Wednesday, February 15, 2012

TBONTB: Claw Foot Tub

I found this nice-ish looking claw foot tub on Craigslist and I'm thinking about it.  Yes, I know, there are a million claw foots on CL, but this one looks to be in great shape and it comes with some very very pretty hardware.  So, the big question is whether the finish on it is original or if it has been re-"enameled" - i.e., painted with a hard enamel paint.  If it has been re-enameled, then it is not what I want since that stuff never looks too good and then peels up within a couple years.  This tub is about an hour away so I don't want to go check it out unless I am reasonably sure it has not been re-finished.
Also, I am a little concerned that the water knobs on the hardware are missing - I'm about to call my favorite plumbing supply and see if they can tell me what is available to replace the missing bits.
In any event, just looking at it is a starting point. Thoughts?




No comments: