Wednesday, February 15, 2012

design idea - staircase salon wall wallpaper

Maybe I'm tripping a little fabulous, but I am very excited about the possibilities for the wall along side the curved portion of the staircase running from the living room to the master bedroom.  The staircase runs a wide curve along the curved wall up to the landing.  (sadly, in the pic below, combining 3 photos into one sort of flattened the curved wall).

So... here is what I have in mind:

First: Damask wallpaper - velvet damask wallpaper!  I suggested red, but V wisely said she would like blue.  I'm okay with either, just so it says a little something crazy.  My favorites below are d, e, i and j (so I made them just a little bigger).
 
 a

 b

 c

 d

 e

 f

 g

 h

 i

 j

 k

 l

I love the idea of my children growing up going to a house with one wall of crazy velvet damask wallpaper that they get to touch and wear away dragging their dirty hands across it every time they go up or down the staircase.  Velvet wallpaper is a wonderful experience.  I want to have it. 

And then there is the bigger question of what sort of artwork to hang and how to frame it.  But I think I'll save that for the next post.

No comments: