Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Notes on Paris Apartment Insta Post

V sent me an Instagram post.  Original can be found at: https://www.instagram.com/p/C1mb5MYshvS/?igsh=MTl0ZTR1cmp3MHcydg==

Here are the photos with my comments:

NOTES RE. ABOVE:

  • Love the pendant light. 
  • I like the way the wood lines of the built-ins continue up to the ceiling.  It has a Japanese quality to it. 
  • The counter in the built-ins appears to be very thick marble.  I really like this - and the drawers below.  Where could we do this? (if at all)

NOTES RE. ABOVE:
  • This vanity is lovely. I like the curves, but particularly the slatted wood. Wonder if this would work with an under-mount sink rather than a vessel as used here. 
  • Note that the curtain rod is hidden behind the crown moulding.  The effect is lovely.
  • Thinking about the marble wall behind the mirror.  
  • The sconce light is not my fave.

NOTES RE. ABOVE:
  • YES YES YES. I love everything about the fireplace, mantle, mirror and sconces.
  • The mouldings on the walls are really pro looking. 
  • By deploying matching sconces on either side of the mantle and again on the opposite side of the door, they created a really cool effect that defies simple symmetricity. Feels organic, not matchy-matchy.

NOTES RE. ABOVE:
  • The curve of the arch at the top of this doorway is EXACTLY what I would like between the primary bedroom sitting area and sleeping alcove.
  • I think I love the wood paneling on the inside of the door frame. At least I love the contrast and the way it defines a threshold.
  • The slatted paneling behind the bar is great. Where could we use this?

NOTES RE. ABOVE:
  • Again, the curtain rods hide behind the crown molding. Can we do this in the primary bedroom?
  • The headboard and the larger wood panel behind it are GREAT. I really like this approach for our project - even with a shorter wood panel (terminating a few inches above the top of the sconces) so that we can still hang a painting above. 
  • Love the velvet (?) headboard.

NOTES RE. ABOVE:

  • I particularly like how the pendant lights lead the eye down the hall. I'm not sure sconces would do this as well. 
  • Look at the floorboards. We could (and should?) do this V-shape slightly shifted to the left leading up the hall to the kitchen.
  • Also, really like the wall trim details. Really clean and tight.

No comments: