Thursday, January 11, 2024

Cool Bathroom Example for Discussion

 V sent me this photo of a bathroom she likes. My thoughts are below.


A few thoughts in no particular order:

1. We don't have space for a wrap around bench in our shower, but we could have a bench on the short wall opposite the shower head. 

2. I really like how the floor tile is continuous through the bathroom and into the shower. We could do that, but it means some water might get out. Or we could have a saddle in between but with the same tile, although it wouldn't look the same. 

3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little medicine cabinets between sink and mirror. That is EXACTLY what I want. 

4. I really like the look of the 3 hole faucet with cross handles (separate hot and cold), but that's a little more fiddly to operate than a single hole faucet with integrated controls. Your call. 

5. Although I like the idea we have discussed of having a floating vanity suspended between two walls and w/o storage underneath, this one is really lovely and practical. We should probably not eschew the opportunity for extra storage in the primary bath if we can get it and still meet out style objectives. 

6. Yes to sconces on the sides rather than overhead. Small and warm. 

7. I really like the worn wood door frame to the shower. Looks like old maple flooring. Not sure where we could do this, but I like it. 

8. Black base boards are cool AF.


No comments: