Sunday, December 16, 2012

Brownstone Parlor Layouts

So, it seems we're not the first people to think that the parlor floor of a brownstone is not easy to configure for the types of uses we make of them these days or for the styles of furniture we buy these days.  The general consensus is that the placement of the doors and fireplace in the middle of the walls opposite one another are the biggest obstacle.  Our situation is made even more difficult by the fact that, because we only occupy part of the house, we have to keep the parlor door closed most of the time and we only ever open one half of the double door into the parlor.  So, anyway, in a search for ideas, I prowled the web for every picture of a remotely nice parlor floor layout I could find -- here they are.

1

2

3 - This is probably the closes to what I imagine (although obviously this is the mirror image of our parlor layout).

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

I don't care what anyone says, I absolutely LOVE this upholstery!!! I want a chair this fun in my house.

23

24

No comments: