Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Rugs: Inspiration

Rugs:This is me trying to convince you of my aesthetic of a traditional-STYLE rug but not ugly red. I am picky about the color. Super authentic rusty red is a bummer to me. Faded or faux-faded to the point of acting like a neutral and not being about the pattern: super classy and traditional but in like an effortless way that can get a little scruffy. Like me!

I'm putting the following several pics in to show what this kind of rug looks like in a room. My favorite place for this kind of rug is Lulu & Georgia. There are also actual vintage rugs we could find. This kind tends not to be as thick so maybe it's a dining area rug. They read as light but they are so mottled that I think they are a good bet for under the eating area.  Some of the following would be too light but just to give you an idea. There are lots of poly ones in this style too if we wanted to do that.

Just posting inspo now to get you in the mood. Will post actual rugs for the purchase later because that shit takes foevah.











































Like they may not be your favorite rug to look at as a square on a wall, which is how we shop for them online, but in a room when they are the right amount of faded, I just think they look so classy and quiet when everything else is solid and clean.

No comments: